It has come to my attention that I am not very good at numbering my chapters. In fact, I suck at it.
So much so that I am sure most of you know by now that there is no Chapter 11.
A friend suggested I write the scene where Luis booby traps the crapper over at the Yarl's place, but I think we've come up with something a little less predictable: have one of you talented and creative readers write it.
The contest will start when I think of a suitable prize. I have a few ideas, but if you have any, I would love to hear them.
Here is the criteria Jim and I came up with. Again, suggestions welcome:
1. It does not have to be the scene with the outhouse unless you want it to be. It can be anything taking place before or during chapter twelve.
2. It does not have to be any of the established characters here, but it can be.
3. It must take place at any location between Salt Lake House and Three Crossings (Green River Station being between those).
4. It can be Alternate Universe, if you like, or not. Be as creative as you like.
5. Please keep it "PG 13" enough that I can post it on this site without an adult content warning. I have no problem with adult content stories, or even adult fanfic about my characters, but I do not wish to have to go to a mature content label for this site. So keep that in mind if you want to see it posted here.
6. It should only be one chapter long (it is, after all, the lost Chapter 11.). However, there is no rule on how long or short that chapter has to be.
The winner will be reader's choice. I will put up a poll and we can all vote.
Contest has not started yet, so please don't send anything in quite yet. Let me iron out the details first. But at least you can be thinking about it, if you are interested in participating.
See you Friday (or, for those of you who have figured out I usually post last Thursday sometime so it will be up bright and early on Friday, see you in the wee hours Thursday night.)!