Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cast Hellbender!

It has come to my attention that a number of you do not visualize our favorite farrier, Hellbender Hungerford, the same way I do. So I've been considering doing a new picture for him to reflect how you all see him.

Which is interesting, because out of all the characters I had to describe to artists, he was probably the hardest for me to put together. I mean, I see him in my head clear as day. Conveying him to someone else is evidently a bit more tricky.

We're wanting to do a hardcopy version of the first hundred chapters, and I'd like to perhaps consider re-creating Bender's picture a bit for that.

So if this were a movie or television show, who would you cast to play Bender? Feel free to leave comments in the comments section so I can see what's inside your heads. If enough of you like him the way he is, I'll leave him alone. Otherwise, we'll see about maybe changing him up a bit.

Thanks for the feedback!

13 comments:

Hazel West said...

I personally like him the way he is. I was thinking of actual Australian actors but none come to my mind as looking like him. I draw all my own characters myself so I don't usually have that problem. I do love it when I find actors who look like them though :)

Evelyn said...

I stand by Hugh Jackman. :)

Anonymous said...

If not Hugh Jackman then the only other I could recommend would be Viggo Mortensen

J. Sizzler said...

Scott Bakula :)

Anonymous said...

I can't really pin him down in my head actually. Is that strange? How about Guy Pearce?

Hazel West said...

Ahhh! I was going to say Viggo Mortensen, but I cast him as everyone :P:P I have probably about three people in my mind that he could play. He's one of my favorite actors. Also, for some reason Gerard Butler came into my head but with blond hair.I don't know?

Kaci said...

HUGH JACKMAN IN THE MOVIE AUSTRALI

Chockeela said...

Heheh... In my head I see him a bit like Hugh Laurie. Tall, scrawny, scruffy but charming. And sort of handsome but not too much :P He is a stock tender after all!

Chockeela said...

By the way, I know Hugh Laurie is Brittish, not Austalian!

'gina said...

These are all great suggestions! Keep in mind, though, that actor does not have to be Australian. We're going on how he looks.

Of course, if we're playing casting agent as if it were really a movie or tv show, accents can always be faked. ;-)

Brittany Ann said...

I say Hugh Jackman...but that's mostly because I love Hugh Jackman, haha.

Really, the picture I have of Bender in my head is hard to explain...I think Guy Pearce is closeish to it.

Ellie said...

I think that Viggo Mortensen (as Aragron) would be a good pick! And when I think Hugh Jackman, I think Wolverine... Buff, scary as Hell and frankly anti-social...

'gina said...

These are all really great suggestions, folks, I hadn't even thought of most of these! I wish I'd asked you all this the first time I had the picture done. This will help us both out a lot, and I appreciate everyone who sent a suggestion. Thanks!