Monday, April 1, 2013

Check out Blood and Gunpowder!

Howdy, all

I came across the work of Annaick Bengtsson on DeviantArt.

It's a western, has fun characters and a romance flavor, so I thought some of you might enjoy checking it out. Like Melissa and Brittany Ann Zayas of Three of Swords, she is both writing a novel and illustrating it. 

I'm a big fan of artwork accompanying a novel, something I'm sure I don't have to tell any of you. If I could do illustrations myself, FDM would be illustrated beyond character sketches. 

But anyways, give it a look if you are so inclined, I think you'd enjoy it. Here's what Annaick herself has to say about it:
  
Blood andGunpowder, by Annaick Bengtsson is the story about Kayleen, a young woman with big dreams of becoming a doctor. But she puts those dreams aside to find out the truth about her parents' murder. She finds help in Derek, a greedy bounty hunter with a troublesome past.
  
Together they travel through the wild west, learning on the way that one's past isn't one's present.

No comments: