Thursday, March 5, 2015

Tommy Would Dig It

Because Tommy likes bugs.

I'm running behind this week. I'm going to try very hard to have this week's post up tomorrow. That's my goal. It may be Saturday, but I'm going to the best I can to get it done by Friday night. I've pretty much had my week hit by a huge, flaming meteor in the form of...drumroll...

Lice.

Yeah. Because nothing quite says "you're a primate" like spending an entire day picking freaking insects out your hair and your kid's hair. I guess if you have a kid in school, it's bound to happen eventually. I have never had lice in my entire life, and considering where I grew up, that's kind of saying something.

I guess I should have figured something was up in the schools when the local drug store here has an ominous sign out front advertising a sale on lice treatments. As a writer, I have to really appreciate the cosmic foreshadowing of that. Very nice.

So, anyways, as awful as all this is, it's actually not as awful as I had always thought it was. It's not like they pervade every aspect of your life. They aren't that hard to get rid of. Still, you have a crapload of laundry you have to do. So between what's probably close to five feet of hair between us to delouse, and a pile of laundry the size of the Matterhorn, I've been so busy and mentally overloaded, I can't finish the chapter. My brain's seized up. However, I find that an excellent cure for writer's block is to post something saying something along the lines of  "I'm sorry, I just haven't been able to get it together this week."

So, I'm sorry. I just haven't been able to get it together this week.

Ah. That feels better.

See you this weekend.

No comments: